Are You on the Verge of Business Burnout? Look for these Signs…
Burnout is a very real, in fact it is a common reality for many, especially for spiritpreneurs, as these tend to be a one woman band, running the show at all ends. Even though partnerships can have their ups and downs, at least you have someone to handle some of the stress and responsibility. Spiritpreneurs are by themselves and feel the entire weight of their success on their lone shoulders, and that that’s normal, like it’s just part and parcel of being a spiritual entrepreneur, it’s in their nature. This large responsibility often leads these female business owners to work 14+ hour days and lose track of what’s happening at home with their families. But is focusing so much attention on your business a wise decision?
No, not if you want to achieve a work/life balance that makes you and your family happy. Even if you’re single, making time for self-care and relaxation will improve your overall health and mental wellbeing. Let’s talk about the signs to look for that indicate you might be headed toward a burnout.
- Insomnia. If your brain can’t shut down because you’re consumed with work, your sleep pattern will get disrupted, leaving you overtired, lacking energy, and possibly lacking the mental energy to make wise business decisions.
- Procrastination. Do you cringe at the length of your daily to-do list? Did these tasks once excite you but now they make you want to crawl under a rock? Procrastination leads to missed deadlines and opportunities to promote your business.
- Fatigue. The human body is only capable of handling so much stress on limited sleep. Certainly you’ve heard the phrase “burning the candle at both ends”? That’s what happens when you work yourself to the bone and don’t give your body and brain enough time to recover before starting another high-stress day. At some point your body will want to give up, causing severe fatigue and possibly other illnesses that will keep you out of the office.
- Changes in appetite. For some people, stress causes them to overeat; for others, stress reduces their appetites. Neither extreme is good for your body. For optimal health and mental clarity, take lunch breaks away from the desk and choose natural, healthy food choices instead of fast food items.
- Anxiety. High stress causes anxiety, which can cause crippling fear or other physical symptoms. Keep in mind: there’s a big difference between the anxiety you feel when stepping out of your comfort zone versus stress-induced anxiety that doesn’t seem to go away.
Think about this: as a spiritual entrepreneur, if you are not physically able to run your business, what happens to it? (After all your vibe attracts your tribe) Chances are, you’d have to close your doors and any streams of income you currently have will disappear. Let’s avoid this happening! Take care of your whole body, mind, and spirit. Take quiet time to relax. Get outdoors and breathe in some fresh air. Unplug for a whole weekend and live in the moment with your family. Reconnect with old friends. Start a hobby. The choices are limitless.
But it doesn’t have to be this way, there is another choice…
I am hugely dedicated to the topic of self-care, and showing female entrepreneurs that is can be easy. I discovered changes in my own business and my mindset once I started taking care of myself and living life outside of the office. It doesn’t have to take hours or cost loads of cash. That is why I bring you my newest course “Smart Self Care for the Spiritual Entrepreneur” and I promise you don’t need to dedicate hours a day or make any pricey purchases. Just simply implement these tips and advice in the privacy of your home. Grab your place today!